The Local Post Collectors Society has been in operation since 1972, when it was founded to promote the study and collection of stamps issued by modern local posts, and to support members in establishing and operating their own private local posts.
The official journal of the LPCS is The Poster, which is published and distributed to members in good standing six times per year.
- President: Ralph Phillips
- Immediate Past President: Joseph LoPreiato
- Secretary/Legal Advisor: Howard Wunderlich
- Treasurer: Kevin Blackston
- Director at Large: John Kingsbury
- International Director: Fabio Vaccarezza
- APS Liaison: Joseph J. Frasketi Jr.
- Editor of The Poster: Scott Abbot
- Webmaster: Tom Lopez