The Local Post Collectors Society has been in operation since 1972, when it was founded to promote the study and collection of stamps issued by modern local posts, and to support members in establishing and operating their own private local posts.
The LPCS is APS Affiliate #126.
The official journal of the LPCS is The Poster, which is published and distributed to members in good standing six times per year.
The LPCS is on Facebook.
- President: Ralph Phillips
- Immediate Past President: Joseph LoPreiato
- Secretary/Legal Advisor: Howard Wunderlich
- Treasurer/APS Liaison: Kevin Blackston
- Director at Large: John Kingsbury
- Editor of The Poster: Scott Abbot
- Webmaster: Tom Lopez